Loup Garou RO

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Loup Garou RO

Unleash The Beast Within

+6
insane01
Kory-Arthas
LordOfWeapons
BePMyT
Redline
Zel
10 posters

Server Wipe - Read me and Vote!

Poll

Should there be a server wipe?

[ 6 ]
    Server Wipe - Read me and Vote! Bar_left55%Server Wipe - Read me and Vote! Bar_right [55%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Server Wipe - Read me and Vote! Bar_left27%Server Wipe - Read me and Vote! Bar_right [27%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Server Wipe - Read me and Vote! Bar_left0%Server Wipe - Read me and Vote! Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Server Wipe - Read me and Vote! Bar_left18%Server Wipe - Read me and Vote! Bar_right [18%] 

Total Votes: 11
    Zel
    Zel

Server Wipe - Read me and Vote! Empty Server Wipe - Read me and Vote!

Post  Zel Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:38 am

Hello Loupgarou-ians, there seems to be a problem with the way the sever is being run at the moment.

If you recently joined under the belief this sever was new as of June 20th, you're sadly mistakened!
    The server was opened quite a long time before that, in a buggy and perhaps primative state with lots of things that were probably more abusable than they are now. Aiden did a wipe after this "beta phase" and started the new server on June 20th. So what's the problem with that you ask? He bribed the beta-testers into staying. How did he bribe them you ask? He gave everyone who obtained trans in beta, yup, you guessed it. Transension for free on their new characters after the wipe. He also gave anyone who still played beta tester hats (+3/4 all stats.)

So whats the problem with that? Well, there isn't generally a problem with it, if you look at it just from that perspective, Aiden's perspective, oh, they worked for it, they do deserve transension in his perspective, who wants players to quit? From my perspective however, I didn't know this upon joining, I joined upon false pretenses that it was a new and fresh server as of June 20th, where everyone had equal starting grounds. Not only this, but the imbalances and abused mechanics that were surely in beta, rewarding those so unfairly who potentionally abused such mechanics on a fresh new server? That doesn't make much sense.

Now Aiden is fixing more of the abused mechanics, such as warping past key requirements to Rachel Santuary, and adding gold costs to dungeon warps, nice. One problem though.
    The people who abused it already are still ahead on the game, and the new players have to struggle unfairly because it was fixed now.

The GMs used to host even more crazy imbalanced, whatever- events, with better rewards? n0ir was telling me the other day about how they gave out battle manuals for bonus experience, and loads of other prizes. Now what do the new players get? just 1 million zeny.

Now, all these transended players have a ridiculous advantage, nobody can truely stand up against them for a long long time. In this period, they're free to farm whatever MVPs they want without serious competition. These players already have 2-3 MVP/miniboss cards so far, mostly because of this period. We have to worry about leveling up to get trans, they don't.

Then you come on, as a new player, and some illiterate champion invites you to his guild. You decline, say you're making your own guild and don't accept random invites. He calls you a noob, insults your mother, and challenges you to a duel. Of course this is one of the people that was handed a free transension, flaunting the power they were bribed with into staying, and saying they're better than you for some reason.

Then after complaining, ellabourating on my arguement and reasoning to Aiden. I asked for a bribe to shut me up, and let me have some fun, basically. He gave me what I wanted, for whatever reason, whether it was for pity towards me, or if it was complete understanding of my distaste towards the server in its present state and agreeing with me. I didn't ask for much though, just an Electric Guitar. I was surprised he gave it to me, actually.
    It doesn't really solve the problem at hand though, it worsens it. I don't know about everyone else, but I don't want to play on a server where players are bribed into staying with power, even if I were to have the upper hand. Everything is worthless unless you earned it yourself.

This is why a wipe is needed, in my opinion. Cast your votes, and voice your opinion!
    Redline
    Redline

Server Wipe - Read me and Vote! Empty Re: Server Wipe - Read me and Vote!

Post  Redline Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:50 am

Wow I never would have even known that.

A wipe would be cool, everybody would be even to start out with. But whatever happens happens.
    BePMyT
    BePMyT

Post  BePMyT Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:54 am

Yes. I'm too want a wipe.
    Because that isn't honestly that someone got old stuff which they had before wipe.

P.S.
    It's not interesting to play, because there is a lot of players with MVP stuff.. And I have to play 2-4 months to catch them (sure if they won't play in that period).

But if you'll do a wipe, then make 1 week test mode and after make the opening of the server. I think you will get really more players than now... =/

P.S. Just launch Ranking NPC and look at MVP Ranking. You will see, that legolas* has 185 MVP kills, nOir 175 MVP kills.. How it's possible ?.....

- Sanik.

Last edited by BePMyT on Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:21 am; edited 2 times in total
    LordOfWeapons
    LordOfWeapons

Post  LordOfWeapons Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:19 am

If its true that this is what happen, then yes i would favor a wipe. However, first i want to hear the GMs side of this story.

Last edited by LordOfWeapons on Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:07 am; edited 1 time in total
    Kory-Arthas
    Kory-Arthas

Post  Kory-Arthas Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:52 am

Yeah, I'm not playing anymore with this retarded shit.
    If theres a wipe I'll play again maybe, but till then I'm gone.

Peace.

This is on behalf of Zel for anyone who's reading this topic: GM Aiden completely IP banned him, and now he can't even access the forums.

[GM] Aiden wrote:Honestly Zel i think you are the immature kid... and i think everyone would agree...
    Lol I'm immature for pointing out the faulty and imbalanced traits in your server, and informing other people about such things, and quitting

when you failed to fix them. I'm the immature one, nice. If this was true, I'd be able to live with it, for you see..
    At least I know how to run a server that attracts new players without lying to them and withholding the truth, unlike some people

here, like yourself for example.
    Why do you constantly delete my posts in server FAQ about whats going on if you're so proud of

giving your buddies free trans? If you really believe it doesn't matter, and it has no influence on new players joining the server because

"everyone has to catch up, or someones always ahead of them." or whatever you want to justify it as, then why would you delete my basic

informal post over and over again, unless you're just a hypocrit and you believe that it does infact impact new players from joining this

imbalanced and unfair server, as it stands. You tell us all to feel free to quit or do whatever we please, so I am doing that. But I'm also

informing everyone else of this imbalance you fail to fix.

Zel wrote:When the server opened, it was 75/10x rates. 2 weeks later they wiped and lowered it to 10/5x rates and gave anyone that

obtained trans 80+ in that period high novice upon restarting, and allowed them to keep any items and money they obtained. So be informed

about this imbalance, and have fun catching up!
    Such an offensive post worth deleting 5 times and banning the posting account for, all it is is the unbiased truth.

Response on this replies deletion: seriously, you're going to ban me and delete even this reply, inhibiting my free speech now? Yeah, I'm

totally the immature one. You fail in every aspect, Aiden.

Last edited by Kory-Arthas on Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:53 am; edited 1 time in total
    insane01
    insane01

Post  insane01 Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:56 am

Zel, I understand completely what you're saying. However, just because the Beta testers got compensation for their beta testing, doesn't mean they were bribed into staying. Plus, would you want to have to start ALL over again from a Novice after spending time on your character? All your hard work just.. Gone? I understand what you mean, but dude.. They worked for it. It's not like they got every MVP card or something.. That'd be some shit. But just transcending when they already did? Is that really worth a wipe? PLUS, how many trans are there? I've seen, MAYBE 5. Maybe. It's really not that bad. :\

Also, just because the GM gives you stuff on brand new server doesn't mean anything. He's nice. Maybe he just wanted to give you that electric guitar out of the goodness of his heart? Lol. You don't know.

But I do wanna hear the GM's side of the story before I vote. o.o

And atleast he didn't give them some super broken items. Like a Meg (On aRO it gives +50 strength) or something like that. I'd vote for a wipe, haha.
    BePMyT
    BePMyT

Post  BePMyT Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:26 am

insane01.
    How do you think the newbie will feel in this server, when he knows about that ?
    For example, I feel bad about it. Because I have to play a lot, to catch those "beta testers" that is impossible..
    insane01
    insane01

Post  insane01 Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:28 am

Either way, they're are gonna be people who are ahead of you. People who level faster, level harder, ect. Just because it's hard to catch up to them doesn't mean that it's impossible. Just work really hard and you can catch up to 'em.

Plus, if there's a server wipe, everyone's gonna be low level. How are we supposed to kill MvP's at low levels?
    Zel
    Zel

Post  Zel Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:57 am

You don't MVP. You all level up at equal opportunity, and earn the strength to kill them eventually.

New servers attract new players. Aiden robbed this one of the primary "new player attraction" which is equal starting grounds.
    Maybe it wouldn't be a problem, if it was announced / put on the website people were given trans from beta when the server ran before its official release date. But no, it wasn't.

Any players that joined in this month the server opened joined under false pretenses, that this was infact a new server. It isn't, since transendance was handed out to beta-testers for free. Upon finding this out, anyone would be pissed off! Who wants to work for something that someone else got for free? Who wants to continue to play on a server like this when they were tricked into starting on under false pretenses?!

New servers attract new players, nobody new (asides from friends invited play just to join the higher-ups 1337 guild) wants to play on a new server where the population is only not low, but people already exist that got things for free, that you have to work your ass off for? No thanks, I'd rather play on a geniune new server, one with truely equal opportunity.

Otherwise, we may as well just go play on a 6 month old server, and work ourselves to death to win the race there, at least then it would be fair, and we wouldn't have been lied to, the truth was mainly hidden from us here. Truely fair competition on this server is dead.
    LordOfWeapons
    LordOfWeapons

Post  LordOfWeapons Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:18 am

insane, ask yourself this, if you was going to join a new server, and you see a comment about this server, let say at ratemyserver.com, that says "Gms gave beta users trans" would you join that server? you would not right? i know i wouldn't. People instantly see something wrong with it.Beta testing is to check out for bugs, and to make sure the game is playable, not to get a head start of everyone else.

still, i dont really care if theres a wype or not, ima still play. cuz its a game and ima have fun regardless.
    insane01
    insane01

Post  insane01 Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:05 am

Well, if you want new players to feel equal, then you're outta luck. Every server is gonna have vertern RO players, who are gonna level quickly, and leave the new people in the dust. So even though some people are Trans already, they're gonna be passed eventually. Just work at it.

And LordOfWeapons, like you said, I'ma play regardless. It doesn't bug me that they're trans already. It just means I have to try that much harder to whoop their asses. ;]

But I have noticed no one is defending them. O.O
    Zel
    Zel

Post  Zel Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:23 am

Corruption! here

Basically, in this post Hades tells Sadeh that himself, and perhaps Akio, Noir, Fumi, etc. are all college buddies of Aiden and will recieve all their items in the eventual case that there is ever a server wipe, and it has happened 2-3 times already.

...Proven with screenshots...
    rayuzen

Server Wipe - Read me and Vote! Empty zzz

Post  rayuzen Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:47 am

Interesting
    So here's my side of the story as supposed beta tester and receiver of "beta tester hat"
    I started this server on 20th of June and made xxx chars when the server was " reset "
    I like to clear the fact that there were no Beta Testers...

[GM] Aiden wrote:To balance it for new ppl i delvled you'll but to keep it fair for you'll i let you'll keep items.. please dont make accusations unless you have grounds for it

^ For people who think that I or any one else got special treatment...you can browse the News Section of the forums to check the validity of the quote as well

The Transcended Classes require 3 times more experience points to level then the normal classes and when it was reset we started from level 1 again we dint directly get 2nd Job Characters.

No Beta tester hats were given either.
    You can't expect everyone to be on equal footing cause no one plays for the same amount of time. 2 months down the line if 500 people more join the server they wouldn't expect the server to be wiped just because they are behind the people already playing now would they ?
    And as for mvp/mini boss cards afaik only 1 boss card was dropped and you can't blame any one for getting a 0.1% item drop on the first monster its pure luck...

Last edited by rayuzen on Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
    insane01
    insane01

Post  insane01 Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:48 am

Exactly. So, a wipe would do nothing but set everyone back.
    Zel
    Zel

Post  Zel Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:59 am

That quote is hidden deep in a thread, from 2 weeks ago. Not from when the server opened, or an official announcement.
    Hardly easy to find by anyone, and its still pretty irrelivant, they still have their items, and transensions. You haven't really made a point at all, rayuzen.

Oh, and thank you for pointing out basic mechanics of the game to us. Transended classes are easier to level due to their powerful skills and bonus stats, which is why they have recieved the experience penalty. Your point being?

Aiden told me personally that he gave out beta-tester hats.
    insane01
    insane01

Post  insane01 Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:38 am

Transcendent classes' skills aren't that much better than those of a regular class. For example, Wizard and High wizard, what's the big difference? Nothing, really. Just Magic Amplification, and that's not even that much of a difference. LK and Knight, Parying and Aura blade, and SP. Eventhough Creator's attacks are amazing, you need potions for Acid Demonstration. So, really, it's 3x harder for them without them being 3x better. So how's that fair?

And Zel, he hands EVERYONE out a +5 to all stat helm. The novice helm you use when you start. Are you sure he didn't mean that? Lol.
    rayuzen

Post  rayuzen Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:42 am

Zel wrote:That quote is hidden deep in a thread, from 2 weeks ago. Not from when the server opened, or an official announcement.
    Hardly easy to find by anyone, and its still pretty irrelivant, they still have their items, and transensions. You haven't really made a point at all, rayuzen.

Oh, and thank you for pointing out basic mechanics of the game to us. Transended classes are easier to level due to their powerful skills and bonus stats, which is why they have recieved the experience penalty. Your point being?

Aiden told me personally that he gave out beta-tester hats.
    I guess 2 weeks ago came b4 june 20th ?
    Aren't you the same person who recieved 2 warnings for being a nuisance to other players ?
    rayuzen

Post  rayuzen Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:45 am

-EDIT-

Last edited by rayuzen on Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total
    insane01
    insane01

Post  insane01 Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:46 am

How long have you been on the server, Zel?

How long has the server been avaliable for everyone to play?

How do you know that Aiden didn't take back those hats?

Why don't you just get to level 99 and transcend?

Isn't 2 weeks ago less than the time you said the server was running for?

Answer those, Zel, plox. =]
    Zel
    Zel

Post  Zel Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:35 am

rayuzen wrote:
    I guess 2 weeks ago came b4 june 20th ?
    GM Aiden wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:52 pm
    notice was given that all characters will be delvled... since the rates were going to be changed.. the server is in the middle of shiting hosts and websites and domains so the data info is a bit incomplete but.. .yeh.. not gonna stop if you still want to leave..
    Yes, clearly after june 20th in his quote, and not during beta. Beta was before June 20th. This is completely irrelivant, and he didn't even go through with what he said he was going to do in the topic for updates, and the server rates never changed. (July 8th is 2 weeks after June 20th.)
    rayuzen wrote:
    Aren't you the same person who recieved 2 warnings for being a nuisance to other players ?
    Uh, if by being a nuisance you mean pvping on a pvp enabled map then yes, yes I was warned!
    insane01 wrote:Transcendent classes' skills aren't that much better than those of a regular class. For example, Wizard and High wizard, what's the big difference? Nothing, really. Just Magic Amplification, and that's not even that much of a difference. LK and Knight, Parying and Aura blade, and SP. Eventhough Creator's attacks are amazing, you need potions for Acid Demonstration. So, really, it's 3x harder for them without them being 3x better. So how's that fair?

And Zel, he hands EVERYONE out a +5 to all stat helm. The novice helm you use when you start. Are you sure he didn't mean that? Lol.
    I'm not getting into this horrible arguement with you about why transcendant classes are much more powerful than the norm, and no, I clearly do not mean the novice gear that everyone starts with.

insane01 wrote:How long have you been on the server, Zel?
    I started 2 weeks after the server opened, around the first week of July.
    insane01 wrote:How long has the server been avaliable for everyone to play?
    Announced as June 20th but the server was opened long before announced, apparently, and all the items everyone were carried over after the wipe for Sadeh, Akio, Noir, Fumi, etc. The length the server was actually up and running before announced release, rates they leveled, abusable content/completely overpowered GM events used to get items etc, and the items they carried over etc. from beta to "announced" release are entirely unknown to me. This is one of the many reasons why this is such a problem.
    insane01 wrote:How do you know that Aiden didn't take back those hats?
    I don't know, but if he did, he failed to mention it to me in an entirely relevent conversation. The real problem is the free transention, and item crossovers, not the hats.
    insane01 wrote:Why don't you just get to level 99 and transcend?
    I could do that, I could continue playing on the server as it is, despite how full it is of imbalance, lies, and corruption.
    But instead, I choose not to, because that kind of a server isn't fun to play competitively, and why would I continue to play a server I joined under false pretenses? I might, but it takes all my considerations into joining a new server back to be considered. While I could continue leveling and playing. "Chasing that carrot on a stick." If you may, clearly after weighing the depth of this problem into my decision. I have decided not to, after much consideration, play on this server as it stands in its present state. It's purely false advertising calling this a new server opened on June 20th, if there was a tag on the server's site saying "2+week unknown beta with item crossovers/transention given to beta testers/GM friends IRL on new server." I wouldn't have joined, probably. But at least it would be honest then, and not so drastically affect my decision, and frustrate me later down the road when I find out that my chocolate is really mud when I bite into it.
    insane01 wrote:Isn't 2 weeks ago less than the time you said the server was running for?
    I said the server was running before June 20th, which is 1 month and 1 week ago.
    insane01 wrote:Answer those, Zel, plox. =]
    I did, for whatever reason I did, and I didn't have to.
    insane01
    insane01

Post  insane01 Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:39 am

Well, I appreciate your long ass answer. O.O But still. If you don't want to play on this server, why are you bring all this us? I'd just leave. No drama, no questions. Just.. Goodbye.
    rayuzen

Post  rayuzen Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:45 am

I get the impression that you don't want lgro to become successful cause hey if i had so many grievances with a server i would just pick another server and play that..
    and as for the beta argument why don't you ask the GM if there were any beta testers first ?? AFAIK when i joined the server there was no char above 80 and everyone was new and farming for equips
    [GM] Aiden
    [GM] Aiden
    Admin

Post  [GM] Aiden Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:49 am

Alright my apologies for not being here earlier....

1. The server DID NOT START BEFORE 20TH JUNE.
    2. The first time it was opened to the public was 20th june
    3. On the 1st of july was the first wipe because the rates were reduced from 75x to 10x in event of reducing the rates i found it fair that there be a wipe since it would be unfair to the new people so all characters were deleted. HOWEVER all those who were already 85+ Trans were deleveled to a high novice instead of a regular novice in event that they had already leveled so much within a week. The rest quit...
    4. The event prizes being given out earlier are the same that are being given now.. just every event doesnt have the same prize Neutral i used to give 1 hour packages earlier (they include battle manuals.. search RMS for 1hr packages) and i still give them.. just because Zel* wasnt online for any of them doesnt mean that i dont.... get you facts right Zel.
    5. There cant be a server wipe everytime someone new joins just cause its UNFAIR to them that others got a head start....
    6. THERE WERE NO BETA TESTER HATS GIVEN
    7. I said i was going to give them but changed my mind.

GM Aiden wrote:
    Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:52 pm
    notice was given that all characters will be delvled... since the rates were going to be changed.. the server is in the middle of shiting hosts and websites and domains so the data info is a bit incomplete but.. .yeh.. not gonna stop if you still want to leave..

I was refering to the change in rates from 75x to 10x which was done on the first of july...
    Zel please get your facts right... if you feel misinformed and feel that i havnt told you all this... its honestly because i dont find the need to....

Anyone has questions feel free to ask....
    Zel
    Zel

Post  Zel Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:00 am

That doesn't really change much if it is indeed true, so they ran on 75x rates, then you wiped and gave them all free trans and let them keep all the items? Trans is nothing to earn at 75x rates. As far as I'm concerned, this changes nothing as for my horrible balance arguements. The server was announced to me as a 10/10/5x server opened June 20th, not 75x, not "free trans to those who played 75x rate" and everyone else has to get it at 10x rate.

Your logic fails, why would you even reward them trans if it was 75x rate.. That makes no sense at all.. That's practically giving it away to those who now have to earn it the hard way.

As far as I'm concerned, if a server was advertised as "10/10/5x rates - but first 1-2 weeks were 75x rate and items/trans crossed over and GM wiped" i would have not joined.
    Zel
    Zel

Post  Zel Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:06 am

I quit kk-thanks-bye have fun on your fail server

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 9:24 pm